POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Round-opening hole : Round-opening hole Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Round-opening hole
From: Rick Measham
Date: 20 Jan 2005 17:16:22
Message: <41f02db6$1@news.povray.org>
I have a box with a hole in it. The whole was made by differencing a
Round_Box so that the corners were nicer than the traditional square
corners. However the opening of the hole still has hard square edges:
___      __
    |    |
    |    |
    |____|

How would you go about rounding them?
    \    /
    |    |
    |____|

I've thrown away my first idea, which was to put cylinders around the
four sides of the box (first subtracting the radius as a box) but that
only works along the sides of the hole. I need the corners to be nicely
rounded too.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.