POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ScreenSaver : Re: ScreenSaver Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ScreenSaver
From: St
Date: 20 Jan 2005 14:36:27
Message: <41f0083b@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:41effad5$1@news.povray.org...
>>  I haven't used a screensaver for over four years without problems. Time
>> to disable?
>>

> I have the "blank screen" screensaver.  1 minute after that kicks in, the
> monitor will shut off.

  Hmm... That's strange, although I haven't got a screensaver enabled, (I
use <none>), it does the same thing as <blank>, (just tried it), - but it's
a lot faster - probably not five seconds on this machine.

That probably saves me a few bucks a year in
> electricity, too.  It has never messed-up a render, though.

Not sure if I'm saving any money or not with what I'm using, but it still
won't mess up a  render. PoV comes back like that nice dream you want to
repeat...  ;)

   ~Steve~