POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Doesn't this image strangely looks like another? : Re: Doesn't this image strangely looks like another? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doesn't this image strangely looks like another?
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Jan 2005 03:35:21
Message: <41ef6d49$1@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran wrote:
> This is really bizarre. I can't make sense of the "Artvif" gallery/person
> that seems to be at the centre of this. The Artfvif site is a total mess of
> a website that is spread over several free ISPs. In fact it looks like some
> sort of very loose art collective that is used by its "members" to put some
> images on line and generate some advertising revenues. I'm not sure that all
> the "members" are even aware of their presence on the site, as many images
> aren't even signed. The Artvif people have a special interest in Madagascar,
> though this isn't explained anywhere.

   Yeah... same conclusion here. But I think it's only 1 person, called
Harvel Ireney, surely from Madagascar but living in France. This guy is
really weird... but at the end all seems to respond to a need to
generate ad revenues by any means (the amount and diversity of the sites
where he submitted links to Artvif is impressive, only explained by this
need).

> It is this "Artvif" that submitted a series of pictures, including yours,
> signed by "St廧hane Marty" and others to various galleries (3DVF, Zieutez,
> Overdoz, Yamafoto) with some bogus information.

   Well.. that's the most intriguing part... perhaps not the same
person, perhaps someone who wanted to expose/compromise Artvif...

> Note that there's a "St廧hane Marty" who is well-known in the 3D world (he's
> the author of Virtualight) who has (I hope) nothing to do with this one.

   I don't think there is "another" Stephane Marty... is this
Artvif/Harvel Ireney who attributes these images to Stephane, and others
to Luc Bianco or Piere Carril... he pretends these are french artist who
work/create for Artvif...

   I'm going to start with a polite/friendly email telling him that the
attribution to Stephane Marty in Artvif is wrong, to see how he reacts.
I will keep you all updated... :)

--
Jaime