POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating Graphs with POV-Ray : Re: Creating Graphs with POV-Ray Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating Graphs with POV-Ray
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 19 Jan 2005 13:00:42
Message: <41eea04a$1@news.povray.org>

news:41ee383b@news.povray.org...
> I was wondering if anyone had used POV-Ray to create graphs or charts
> (bar graphs and pie charts). I would like to be able to automate the
> creation graph images on a webserver. I know there are lots of graphing
> tools out there which provide this kind of functionality (i.e.
> ploticus), but creating graphs in POV-Ray would be so much cooler!

I have some POV-Ray code that reads a data file (text) created by an Access
database and then renders a cloud of points in 2D or 3D, with axis, ticks,
coordinates and a regression line (or regression plane for the 3D version).
I've produced thousands of graphs with it for my day job.
In any case it's not very difficult to code, just a little boring...

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com