POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : wrapping it up (again) : Re: wrapping it up (again) Server Time
2 May 2024 11:32:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wrapping it up (again)
From: Slime
Date: 17 Jan 2005 18:14:21
Message: <41ec46cd@news.povray.org>
>   Incorrect. Interrupted rendering and radiosity was never a problem with
> POV-Ray. Haven't you noticed how POV-Ray saves the radiosity data in a
file
> during rendering precisely for the purpose of supporting interrupted
renders?

No, I hadn't. Cool!

I vaguely recall seeing a scene, I think posted in these newsgroups, where
someone was complaining that +C wasn't working with their image and it had
the problem I described. It's possible that some people (including myself)
accidentally concluded that radiosity was the cause. That was a long time
ago though, so either it was a separate bug or just the fault of the person
making the image.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]