POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Goodness of using pre-built models ... : Goodness of using pre-built models ... Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Goodness of using pre-built models ...
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 16 Jan 2005 19:33:51
Message: <41eb07ef@news.povray.org>
Folks,
I have bunches of ideas for rendering projects that I would like to
experiment with.  My question is kinda subtle ...

Do you consider it "cheating" to use 3D models from the web that are other
peoples work as part of your composition?  For example, there are many great
models at www.3dcafe.com and others.  Is it common practice to take these
models and combine them with our own to build scenes?  Is that considered
poor practice and that to be considered a "good POV-Rayer" we should be
building our own models?

What about for competitions like the IRTC?

Neil