POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling under HPUX 11.0 : Re: Compiling under HPUX 11.0 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:07:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling under HPUX 11.0
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 13 Jan 2005 07:38:39
Message: <41e66bcf@news.povray.org>
Hi,

	I've read your thread in p.general, and would like to ask you first
how you did "fix" the two compiling problems you faced before.

> aCC  -O -I /usr/local/include -AA  -L/usr/lib/X11R6  -Wl,-a -Wl,archive

	Could you tell me what does the '-AA' option you added?  I cannot find it
in the HP online docs at  http://docs.hp.com/en/8/options.htm  (there is the
-Aa instead for strict-ansi).
	The -Wl,-a -Wl,archive linker options tell me that you try to build
POV-Ray as a fully static binary.  Did you try linking with shared libs instead?

	- NC