POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animate a MIDI file : Re: Animate a MIDI file Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animate a MIDI file
From: Jaime Medina
Date: 12 Jan 2005 13:31:35
Message: <41e56d07$1@news.povray.org>
I use Mimic to do that, what programs do you use?

Regards,

Jaime Medina

Have you seen my animation?
http://jaimemedina.com/TV/

Your comments will be appreciated

"dan B hentschel" <dan### [at] alumritedu> wrote in message
  Well, here's what I did with my Christmas vacation. I got to thinking
that
  it wouldn't be too difficult to parse a MIDI file into a POV .inc and
then
  use the note on-off events to synchronize an animation to the music. I
  ended up using the technique to produce a background movie for the DVD
menu
  system I created for the Japanese Anime, "Piano". Here is a small
portion
  of that movie.

  I wrote a Perl script that takes a .mid file as an input, and creates
a .inc
  file as output. I have tried it with several different MIDI files with
  varying success. Sometimes the timing is a bit off. Is it worth my
time to
  clean this up and make it available? Would anyone like to use it? For
now,
  I've gotten what I wanted from it. So if there's no interest, I'll
probably
  move on to another project.

  Let me know what you think!

   - dan B hentschel

  Video is in DivX format. My apologies to those who are not able to see
it.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (3 KB)