POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flash animation? : Re: Flash animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flash animation?
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 10 Jan 2005 22:20:03
Message: <41e345e3$1@news.povray.org>
"Lance Birch" <-> wrote in message news:41e33a0b@news.povray.org...
> If you decide that Flash will probably be able to handle what you want to
> do, unless you really need the additional features of the Pro version,
> it'd
> probably be cheaper and better to buy the Standard version with the
> Sorenson
> encoder to encode the FLVs at high quality.

I thought this might be of interest. I just discovered that for encoding
existing AVI's, MPG's, MOV's, etc. to FLV, you don't need Macromedia Flash
at all. There's a program called "Turbine Video Encoder" available here:
http://www.bluepacific.com/products/turbinevideo/default.htm
It costs $39, but they also have a fully-functional free version, that puts
a little logo in the corner of the video. I downloaded it but havn't had a
chance to try it yet.
Steve Shelby