POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flash animation? : Re: Flash animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flash animation?
From: scott
Date: 10 Jan 2005 07:18:44
Message: <41e272a4@news.povray.org>
Steve Shelby wrote:
> Hi all,
> Do any of you out there use Macromedia Flash, and if so, why, and if
> not, why not?  I'm curious because I'm wondering if it would be
> better than Windows Media Player for displaying animations on a
> website. I know it is expensive, but I looked on Ebay, and it's
> available there for a pretty reasonable price.

I use flash because it is great for drawing and animating simple 2D things.
I used to use it a lot on a website to show how certain things worked.  It
offers perfect quality for very little bandwidth and (almost) everyone can
view it in the webpage.

It depends on the content of your animation though, if it is simple 2D
vector graphics then Flash is by far the best way to go.  It's actually
quite a good 2D drawing package too once you get the hang of it.  I found it
quite hard to learn, it's not the easiest of programs to pick up.