POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres : Re: Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing something basic: Including sky_spheres
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jan 2005 14:03:39
Message: <41e1800b$1@news.povray.org>
Neil Kolban wrote:
> Thanks so much.  Naturally, that works ... but I'm afraid I am still not
> sure what is going on.
>
> I had assumed that
>
> #declare X = Y
>
> and then entering

> in my scene was the same as entering

If you define a macro, you can use the macro's name, with it's
parameters) by itself.
When you #declare an object, you need an object{MyObject} construction.
When you #declare a sky_sphere, you need to use sky_sphere{MySkySphere}
Just the name of the object, sky_sphere, texture, pigment, material,...
is not enough.

Alain