POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flash animation? : Re: Flash animation? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flash animation?
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 9 Jan 2005 12:40:29
Message: <41e16c8d$1@news.povray.org>
Steve Shelby wrote:
> Hi all,
> Do any of you out there use Macromedia Flash, and if so, why, and if not,
> why not?

<rant>
Debating the merits of competing closed proprietary systems for use on
the web, is akin to comparing chastity among prostitutes.
</rant>

Is it really necessary for your visitor?  Wouldn't a link to an mpg or
displaying an animated gif or mng file suffice.  Is it not possible to
use CSS or java for the same effect.

I really hate having to deal with a flash site, when all I want is a
phone #/email/kb article ...