POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reset/strip textures? : Re: reset/strip textures? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:45:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reset/strip textures?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Jan 2005 10:42:40
Message: <41e150f0$1@news.povray.org>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
> jrc### [at] msncom news:41e0d11e@news.povray.org
>

>>But the intention of your question is not clear.  What do you want to do
>>exactly, avoid the manual editing in the spheres?  Are you changing the
>>texture during an animation?  You could use the clock value to adjust
>>the texture or actually wrap the objects in a macro and pass the texture
>>that way I suppose.
>>

> I have a complicated object, for example - imported via Polyray. I have to
> render it with several varsion, in few of them - giving entire object some
> special texture in example pure white. DOing it manualy (changing all
> texture{} into #if(...) texture{} #else pigment{rgb 1} #end) would be very
> uncomfortable.
>
> So there is no ready thing to make that?
>
> I quess it would be possible to write a path, that will walk tree of a
> given object and change every texture?

can you give the textures names before you import?

then you can assign different colors dynamically

ie

in one place

#declare Name1 = rgb Green;
#declare Name2 = rgb Blue;
#declare Name3 = rgb Cyan;

then in another place

#declare Name1 = rgb White;
#declare Name2 = rgb White;
#declare Name3 = rgb White;

this is only solution I can suggest if you
need the granularity in one place but not
in another.