POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : exit povray : Re: exit povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: exit povray
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 7 Jan 2005 08:19:45
Message: <41de8c71@news.povray.org>
Oleguer Vilella wrote:
> Yes, I have Linux but I'm starting to learn it. I'm used work with Windows.
> Thanks Tim and Florian.
>
> Regards,
> Oleguer

How about:
povray +Iimage.pov +Oimage.png +H640 +W480 +A0.3 -D -P >render.log;
shutdown -h now

This will firstly run POV-Ray without showing the image while rendering
(writing the information to a file called render.log) and quitting after
render. Secondly, after POV-Ray has finished (or crashed) the computer
will be shut down (your user has to has permission for full shutdown,
naturally). If you'll want a shutdown only after a successfull render,
replace the ";" with "&&". On the other hand, if you'll want a shutdown
only if rendering fails, replace the ";" with "||".

--
-Aero