POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity: any parms affected by scale? : Re: Radiosity: any parms affected by scale? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: any parms affected by scale?
From: GrimDude
Date: 5 Jan 2005 23:25:50
Message: <41dcbdce$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
>I dunno.
>
> 3.3.4.2.5  suggests that error_bound is fractional.  Perhaps the answer,
> is (hopefully) "No, no parms implicitly need to be scaled if you scale
> your scene a few orders of magnitude".

You can change variables to see how they effect the overall scene easily
enough. From "3.3.4.3 Tips on Radiosity"

<quote>
If you want to see where your values are being calculated set radiosity
count down to about 20, set radiosity nearest_count to 1 and set
gray_threshold to 0. This will make everything maximally patchy, so you will
be able to see the borders between patches. There will have been a radiosity
calculation at the center of most patches. As a bonus, this is quick to run.
You can then change the error_bound up and down to see how it changes
things. Likewise modify minimum_reuse.
</quote>

Well I know the effects of setting a value too low for a particular view.

- Grim