POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media, Intervals, samples and getting results : Re: Media, Intervals, samples and getting results Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media, Intervals, samples and getting results
From: Abe
Date: 4 Jan 2005 11:06:59
Message: <41dabf23$1@news.povray.org>
While it is probably bad form to continue one thread in another, I'll do
it anyway here. :)

Slime, you mentioned some method 3 default settings which you understood
to be different from the method 1 defaults (but not listed in the docs).
Those were intervals 1 and (min) samples 5. These values, by the way,
are explicitly set in many of the media example scenes distributed with POV.

Anyway, I fiddled around with a couple of different settings on the
example test scene given earlier in the thread. Going by the media
samples listed in the render stats I get this:

method=3
intervals=default (not explicitly set)
samples=default (not explicitly set)
Media Samples: 2668281

method=3
intervals=10 (default as per the docs)
samples=1 (default as per the docs)
Media Samples: 30730560

method=3
intervals=1
samples=5
Media Samples: 1515497

method=3
intervals=1
samples=10
Media Samples: 2668281

Which leads me to conclude that the method 3 default intervals is 1 and
samples 10, if the media samples in the render stats are an appropriate
indicator.

-Abe