POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media, Intervals, samples and getting results : Media, Intervals, samples and getting results Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Media, Intervals, samples and getting results
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 3 Jan 2005 10:19:02
Message: <41d96266$1@news.povray.org>
Someone care to explain the following from the manual:

"It's usually best to only use one interval with method 3. Too many
intervals can lead to artefacts, and POV will create more intervals if
it needs them."

It seems with one interval, I don't get good results. If I up the
intervals to 5 or 10, it seems to work better, but is slower in general.

Anyone have any clue about the relationship and why the manual asks to
use only 1 interval?

--
~Mike