POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : objects not rendering because of distances, etc : Re: objects not rendering because of distances, etc Server Time
2 Aug 2024 12:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: objects not rendering because of distances, etc
From: Slime
Date: 2 Jan 2005 20:49:59
Message: <41d8a4c7@news.povray.org>
> > And after reading the article at
> > "http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#largescaleproblems",
> > agree that it's too restrictive... and I was hoping that POV Team could
let
> > the users decide on the restrictions.  Granted faraway objects will not
be
> > accurate.... but... viewing the sun at such a faraway distance, I don't
> > think anyone will notice.
>
> Unfortunantly, the restriction isn't imposed by POV-Ray in and of
> itself.

Well, POV-Ray does make far-away objects invisible on purpose. But as Warp
pointed out, the problems that it's trying to avoid are much worse than,
say, the sphere being sized wrong or slightly off its intended position. The
artifacts tend to be much more ugly: grainy and inconsistent.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]