POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform : Re: Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Comments on an idea for a new plugin: Copy/Paste/Save Transform
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 31 Dec 2004 03:46:11
Message: <41d511d3$1@news.povray.org>

news:41d49f68$1@news.povray.org...
> Folks,
> The idea is based on the fact that I a apply an object in a Moray scene
and
> then either need to:
>
> 1. Apply the transforms of that object to another object
> 2. Clear the transforms on my object, do some *work* with it and then
> re-apply the original transforms

Hi Neil
You are a stakhanovist for plugins, aren't you? ;-)
When I need these functions to be performed, I put my object in a group with
"Leave added objects in their current position and orientation" box
UN-checked so that it is transformed by the whole group tranformation.
When I need it to be reset I select the group then in the CGS parameters I
select the nested object and click the Ungroup button.
But this is not completely satisfying and does not cover all needs.
Does your plugin actually apply the transformations to the object or is it
afterwards performed thru the plugin ?
That is the kind of usefull tool which might be implemented natively in
Moray.

Marc