POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes : Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes Server Time
19 May 2024 19:54:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Dec 2004 08:08:00
Message: <41d3fdb0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> schreef in bericht

> "Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> schreef in bericht
> > Your plugin is very useful!
> > I have only two problems:
> > - Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I
had
> > exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog
(I
> > have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
> > help).
>
> What Paolo means I think is that the calculated corners are POV-Ray
oriented
> vectors. If you re-orient in Moray, you have to exchange the Y and Z
values
> in the Advanced section, i.e. Moray-orient them.

Yes, I tested again. Paolo is right. I had not realized that consciously
:-)
Maybe this is something to note in the documentation. It is quite obvious,
but it may confuse users the first time.
On the other hand, if you are used to switch between Moray and POV-Ray, it
becomes almost automatic...

Thomas