POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes : Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes Server Time
19 May 2024 18:54:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: POVInclude Version 1.1.2 - xforms, doc updates and dialog box fixes
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 29 Dec 2004 13:43:07
Message: <41d2fabb@news.povray.org>
Paolo,
Crashes caused by the POVInclude plugin will be my number 1 concern.  If the
plugin causes Moray to crash, I can't think of anything more serious as work
will be lost.  I urge you (as you said) to save your work often.

So far, I have personally encountered no crashes due to POVInclude but that
does NOT mean that it is not possible.  Please, if you or anyone else finds
a pattern or a crash, please, please report at once.  Ideally, include the
last set of things attempted or what operation was being executed when the
crash occurred.

I am not sure I understand your coordinate system comment.  Is there
something wrong in POVInclude or a feature that needs added?  I am more than
happy to oblige.

Thanks again for the comments my friend.

Neil

"Paolo Gibellini" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> wrote in message
> Your plugin is very useful!
> I have only two problems:
> - Due to difference to coordinate systems between POV-Ray and Moray I had
> exchange Y and Z values of the corners in the advanced settings dialog (I
> have calculated the coordinates with the code in your very complete pdf
> help).
> - I haven't discovered why, but Moray crashes periodically after the
> installation of your plugin. Perhaps there is a conflict with something.
Is