POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0 : Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 20:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 27 Dec 2004 09:17:32
Message: <41d0197c$1@news.povray.org>
"Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote in message
> Folks,
> With pleasure (and some trepidation) I release POVInclude Version 1.0 - a
> new Plugin for Moray.  Through POVInclude you can include POV Ray include
> files in your Moray scene and have them shown as wire frame boxes for
> re-size and other effects making them visible in the overall Moray views.
>
> The plugin and full documentation can be found:
>
> http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm
>
> Neil

Neil,
Thanks for the fine work! I downloaded and installed the new plugin and
played with it for a while. I can see that it should be very useful. I have
Windows XP and Moray 3.5, build 9330. Here are my comments so far:
1. When using "Browse" to find the inc file, it would be nice if there were
something in the box, "Files of type:". if it could be limited to just inc
files, it would make it easier to find the file.
2. Moray will not allow me to add the POVInclude object to a CSG or group.
When I try, it gives me one of the following: "This object does not support
being added to a CSG object." or "CSG Objects may only use finite primitives
or other CSG objects." Hmmm, I just realized, maybe it's because the inc
file I used is an object of the wrong type?
3. If I try to use Moray's Duplicate dialogue box, it does not allow me to
use the "Create References" feature, and also, the duplicates have no box.
I hope this is useful to you.
Steve Shelby