POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What's going on with this mesh2? : Re: What's going on with this mesh2? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What's going on with this mesh2?
From: Slime
Date: 24 Dec 2004 22:46:12
Message: <41cce284@news.povray.org>
> The second triangle (the one using the x+y+z corner) is at a different
angle
> towards the lightsource and thus gets lit differently.

Well yeah. But since I'm assigning normals to its vertices, I'm expecting
those to be used instead of the true normal of the surface.

And since I'm assigning them all the normal y (<0,1,0>), I'm expecting the
surface to be shaded as though it were along the X-Z plane, regardless of
where it actually is.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]