POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection) : Re: Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection)
From: Martin
Date: 24 Dec 2004 05:16:05
Message: <41cbec65$1@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
> Orthographic is the way to go, but to get the effect you're looking for,
> you'll have to shear the *camera*.

Thanks that works fine - obvious in hindsight and once you know matrix
transforms are legit on the camera (as long as you don't have vista
buffers - which I don't need but had for some legacy reason).

The end result is a rather odd optical illusion when you use it on a
chequered plane, the squares further away look larger and the right side
of the map looks more sloped.

I'm now playing with the matrix transform on perspective cameras, so
I've now got many options for displaying the map :-)

thanks again
		Martin