POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : resolution question : Re: resolution question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: resolution question
From: Neil Kolban
Date: 24 Dec 2004 01:35:56
Message: <41cbb8cc$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen,
Pretty much a newbie myself.  I don't think there is a concept of dpi with
POVRay.  Instead, the result of a render is an image file of so many pixels
wide and so many pixels high.  There is no more information in the file than
that.

Lets say, just for argument, that your printer can print 200 dpi and you
want to print on a 6" x 4" paper, then my math seems to say that your
optimal image size would be 1200x800 pixels.  Within POVRay, you can declare
the size of the output image to be anything you want.

Neil