POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : resolution question : resolution question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  resolution question
From: Stephen
Date: 24 Dec 2004 01:18:19
Message: <41cbb4ab$1@news.povray.org>
I just ** hope** this isn't covered in the doc'n somewhere, but since I
can't find the answer to my question, I'll ask:

What is the native resolution of POVRay - not the rendering size, but the
number of dots per inch?  One chunk of SW that I have says 96dpi and another
implies 76ish about some rendered images.

My standard output type is BMP (oh, well) but I typically like JPGs and can
work with other file types. My interest is in getting the best possible
detailed rendering and then if my printer or scaling wants to muddle with
that, then so be it.

Any way to get higher resolutions?

--

Stephen