POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection) : Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Can I do an Axonometric projection? (primitive game style isometric(ish) projection)
From: Martin
Date: 23 Dec 2004 10:04:11
Message: <41cade6b$1@news.povray.org>
Rather hard to describe in words but..

Has anyone got POV to render images in the false isometric view where
the x and y-axes of the (3-dimensional) world space are projected to x
and y in the scene and z is mapped to a diagonal line
y    z
|   /
|  /
| /
|/

I want to display a map and instead of just displaying it flat I wanted
a pretty rendered 3D view but without any perspective issues.
The map is retangular and so I want its sides parallel and the top and
botom to be horizontal, is this too perverse for POV ray?

I can get fairly close with an orthographic projection but then I have
to shear the image externally to make the nearside of the map horizontal.