POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Dec 2004 12:47:46
Message: <41c9b342$1@news.povray.org>
Loki wrote:

> Precisely my point, but I don't mean to refer to this as a deficiency or
> oversight, it is simply a different way of doing things that, based on my
> experience and personal opinion, offers greater control over texturing
> options.

Hmm. But I believe it may have been, or something that wasn't
implemented for one reason or another... If anyone has the history on
this feature, i'd be curious to know why it is the way it is.

> I take it you actually type with your mouth open?  I have read the manual
> and I am aquainted with the texturing options as they currently operate.  I
> am also aware of the current impressive power of POVRay and have been
> constantly impressed with its development over the years.  I wouldn't dream
> of knocking it, but I am also able to consider what could be improved and
> make sensible suggestions to that effect.  If other users can't accept a
> suggestion without considering it trolling then that is up to them.

>>Why are you here on POVRay's newsgroups posting, anyway...?
>

> To be perfectly honest, after the response I've received I wonder that
> myself.  In fact I post and read this newsgroup because I am interested in
> high-end graphics and I consider POVRay to be a very impressive rendering
> engine.  I will continue to use it regardless of the attitude of other
> users.

Umm. I mistook you for the OP on this thread. Thats what I get for not
paying attention to what is *really* going on.

My apologies about my attitude.

--
~Mike