POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Tom Melly
Date: 22 Dec 2004 11:17:19
Message: <41c99e0f$1@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.41c99740e72f5907692591cf0@news.povray.org...

> Pointless.  Is this a friendly newsgroup or not?

Heh - you should try the firefox forum someday if you want to see some
really partisan folks in action...

IMHO you have received an unfairly rough ride in this thread, for which I am
sorry.

> To be perfectly honest, after the response I've received I wonder that
> myself.  In fact I post and read this newsgroup because I am interested in
> high-end graphics and I consider POVRay to be a very impressive rendering
> engine.  I will continue to use it regardless of the attitude of other
> users.

Please don't judge this group on the basis of one experience, or some users
(who may have been having a bad hair day in any event).

As long as you don't ever, ever suggest that povray is any way deficient or
could be improved, you should be fine... ;)