POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Finishes on blobs : Finishes on blobs Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  Finishes on blobs
From: Amazon Warrior
Date: 21 Dec 2004 14:58:54
Message: <41c8807e@news.povray.org>
Evening all!
 I'm a very new user of POVray, and am just dabbling in a bit of blob object
generation.  However, I seem to have run into a problem.  I can make bits of
my blob object different colours (by applying them to the induvidual
components of the blob object), but when I try to apply a finish to the
whole object, nothing seems to happen.  I've tried specifying my own finish
properties, and also using those in the finish.inc file, but nothing seems
to work.  Anyone have any advice?  I'd really like to crack this as I want
to use blob objects in an animation!  A copy of my experimentation is pasted
below:

#include "colors.inc"
#include "finish.inc"
camera {
 location <0,0,-20>
 look_at <0,0,0>
}
light_source { <100,100,-100> colour White }
background { Gray50 }
plane { y, -4 pigment { checker colour White colour Pink } finish {
Shiny } }

blob {
 threshold 0.65
 sphere {