POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : need some help/suggestion : need some help/suggestion Server Time
2 Aug 2024 06:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  need some help/suggestion
From: user
Date: 17 Dec 2004 10:52:04
Message: <41c300a4$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if I should post it here, but here is my problem.

I'm a PhD student working on a position tracking software.
This software just use a single camera and some paper markers to work
out the camera position.
I've done two series of tests, one is using simulation, feed the image
that is generated by povray, the other is doing in the real world
environment with a real camera.
The result is, on both the simulation and the real world environment,
the x and y position is quite accurate.
But the resulting z position (the distance of the camera from the
marker) is really inaccurate in the simulation. While the accuracy on
this is very accurate on the real world environment.

I wonder if this is the camera setting (in povray) problem? or the image
resolution problem? (but I've rendered the image with the same dimension
as the image grab by the camera.)

Does anyone has some clue on it?

Colin