POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Ross
Date: 16 Dec 2004 13:29:44
Message: <41c1d418$1@news.povray.org>

> With all of these ideas I can hardly wait to see you patch to compare it
> the official POVRay. I am just assuming that you would back up this post
> with real code applied to a patch for all of us to see you ideas in
action.

Ah, that's just a wee bit unfair. Sort of like asking a director to perform
as well as an award winning actor. The director can sort of say what the
actor should be doing, but only the actor can pull it off. (sorry for a bad
analogy).

Now if you have a problem with the theories and ideas presented by the
poster, say so (as others already have). But saying the theories and ideas
are bad because the poster can't implement them is rather wrong.