POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Dec 2004 06:53:39
Message: <41c025c3@news.povray.org>

news:cpnq4s$sj8$1@chho.imagico.de...

> Ah - a new name: Fresnel.  Last time i checked this was a reserved
> keyword in POV-Ray so there has to be some feature related to Mr.
Fresnel...

Other software call "fresnel" a shader that allow texture attribute to vary
according to the viewing angle of a 3D surface. Of course this is can be
done with POV-Ray for reflection and, for other properties, with the aoi
patch in Megapov (and it can be partially simulated in regular POV with
slope). I guess a future POV 4.0 could unify this with a single
property/keyword.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com