POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : contemporary photorealism : Re: contemporary photorealism Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: contemporary photorealism
From: gonzo
Date: 15 Dec 2004 03:18:32
Message: <41bff358@news.povray.org>
Paris wrote:
> Pov-Ray is lagging farther and farther behind commercial rendering software
> in terms of photo-realism.   There are many reasons why this is the case,
> but some reasons are more evident and more easily solved than others.
>
> 1.  The phong model is outdated now.   The next release of pov-ray should
> use physically-based BRDFs

Ok, I'll leave it to the technical whiz types to disassemble the rest of
this, 'cause you already lost me...

What's a BRDF?

Bouncing Recalcitrant Damn Fool?
Blonde Receptionists Dating Foundation?
Business Requirements Driving Failure?
Blatantly Ridiculous Dumb Fluff?
Bush Regime's Dastardly Fixation?
Bored Reactionary Dropping FUD?
Blue Rhinoceros Drinking Floorwax?
Bucolic aRDvaark Fainting?
Belatedly Realized Dangerous Flatulence?

RG - dammit Jim, I'm an artist not a rocket scientist