POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay says Macro is not defined : Re: POVRay says Macro is not defined Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:10:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay says Macro is not defined
From: Matthias Weißer
Date: 12 Dec 2004 15:00:17
Message: <41bca351@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye schrieb:
> I had no problems running the macro as it was under POV-Ray 3.6 for Mac OS
> 9.x, although there were a few issues that I noticed with the general
> construction.
>
> First of all it is un-necessary to encapsulate the contents of your macro in
> a union, and I found no problems in dispensing with the outer union block.

OK. But that shouldnt be the problem.

> Second, It is, in my opinion, redundant to encapsulate your macro calls in
> their own macros when they can be called easier by themselves and it takes
> up less space doing so.

The macro is part of a much bigger system:
http://web2.callisto.twam.info/eng/index.php?page1=eagle3d

So it is necessary to do it that way.

> Third, it is also un-necessary to place your macro calls inside an object
> block unless you are going to trasform them in some way (f.ex. translate,
> rotate or scale)

I do so to place the parts on the PCB.

> Other than that I simply added some stuff so that I could view the scene.

Thats strange. I can also use the macro within a test scene (forget to
mention it) But if I call it from the main file (the macro is in a
include file which is included by a top level include file) it isn't found.

--

mat### [at] matweide
http://www.matwei.de