POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity: is this appropriate? : Re: Radiosity: is this appropriate? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity: is this appropriate?
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 11 Dec 2004 17:18:27
Message: <41bb7233$1@news.povray.org>

news:web.41bb4790420c6eda8f722dab0@news.povray.org...
> There is DEFINITELY a difference in my image. At 50, 100, all the way up
> about 600 it has flat shadows, artefacting in the corners, and all over
> boring lighting. I need my count to be at least 750 to look OK.
>
> -S
> 5TF!

how are set your finish{ambient}s?
if ambients are more than 0, you get luminous and flat shadows
set ambients to 0 unless you want texture to emit light (sky or light object
for instance)
if no ambient value is specified, default is 0.1
you can put #default {finish{ambient 0}} in global_settings block to set
your own default value

Marc