POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ingenious snow placement? : Re: Ingenious snow placement? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:14:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ingenious snow placement?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Dec 2004 12:00:13
Message: <41b7331d$1@news.povray.org>
> I tried many solutions and came
> up with a custom POV-Tree program which generates two blobs:
> tree model and snow which has the same geometry as a tree but
> each blob was vertically shifted.

Something like this was on my mind at first as well, but I wanted to have
some method with which I could place snow on any kind of object. I've now
started with scripting something which I actually had already scripted a few
years ago (in a rather crude fashion), but then my PC died and took the HD
with it... *sigh* That's how my Nickname, "Tim Nikias v2.0" came to be,
actually.

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>