POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray group started at google. : Re: povray group started at google. Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray group started at google.
From: Chris B
Date: 7 Dec 2004 09:03:01
Message: <41b5b815$1@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/povray/
>
> I don't know exactly what the benefits will be over existing services like
> this one.  I only know that when I saw google was offering groups, I knew
> wanted to grab this word as a group before anyone else did.

It is probably a good idea to have grabbed the group name to pick up anyone
searching there for povray news groups.
I'd recommend posting a 'Read this first' message to tell people where the
various news.povray.org groups can be found.
(and maybe something under the 'About this group' heading)
Otherwise there's a risk that newbies may think that the povray community is
unfriendly or in decline.

"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:16:22 -0500, "Greg M. Johnson"
<gregj;-)565### [at] aolcom>
> wrote:
> > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/povray/
> >
> > I don't know exactly what the benefits will be over existing services
like
> > this one.
>
> 1. benefit from google point of view
>    monopoling browsing means ruling the world, gathering money, stock
market,
>    easy for spying by secret agencies
>    :-)

No evidence for paranoia there then :o)