POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : No output image file? : Re: No output image file? Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No output image file?
From: Sebastian H
Date: 6 Dec 2004 10:58:48
Message: <41b481b8@news.povray.org>
Uplah wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> That's what's strange. I know the lights are in the right position because I
> put them in myself (took 2hrs to load the text and then save it...). I also
> put the camera in by hand too, although it may either be too close to the
> molecule, or even inside it, but I wanted to find out by doing a quick
> render of it first...
>
> The statistics you normally see at the end of a render, doesn't appear when
> I do it for this huge file...
>
> While I'm here, can anyone recommend a good text editor that can handle huge
> files like this?

I seems to that seperating the scene and the molecule object would be
much easier that editing the big 1.3G file.
You could write a small scene that contains just
the camera description and light sources and include the
moelcule object from a second file via a #include "molecule.inc"
statement somewhere in the the scene.
This way you could avoid opening the big file.

Sebastian