POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Rendering: System req. and time. : Re: Rendering: System req. and time. Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering: System req. and time.
From: gonzo
Date: 5 Dec 2004 18:03:01
Message: <41b393a5@news.povray.org>
GraphicsLizard wrote:
>      I was wondering what the rendering time of some more complicated scenes
> would be. Then I realized, "what is complicated?" So my question to you now
> is; what is the max rendering time some of you have encountered?

My longest was 5 days 9 hrs on a P4 1.8gz (1280x1024).  And the scene
wasn't all that complex, but when I added radiosity & focal blur the
render time jumped 25x, and that was with medium quality settings. I
have never really finished the scene because unless I get another
machine to render on it simply isn't practical.

RG