POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ... : Re: Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ... Server Time
2 May 2024 19:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ...
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 28 Nov 2004 07:45:52
Message: <41a9c880@news.povray.org>
Rene Bui wrote:

> "Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote:
>> Folks,
>> Ive been working with importing UDO objects into Moray.  So far so good.
>> Does anyone know of any tools to transform common data formats to the
>> ".mdl" format for imort into Moray?
>>
>> Neil
>

> sPatch to Moray .mdl Plugin (or Hamapatch to Moray .mdl)
> downloadable here:
> http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/#pi
>
> 1- import *.obj* or *.3ds* in Wings 3d and export *.mdl* (Animation
> Master) 2- import *.mdl* (Animation Master) in Spatch or Hamapatch then
> export *.mdl* (Moray 3.xx)

sPatch doesn't import .mdl (AM) files, only .spt. You'll have to do it with

of new things)
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/6625/soft10.html
jPatch also imports .mdl (AM) files and exports to pov and other formats
(included .obj), I don't believe it exports to mdl (Moray).
http://jpatch.sourceforge.net/
Hope this helps.

--
Txemi Jendrix