POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color of image map in POVray image : Re: color of image map in POVray image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color of image map in POVray image
From: William Pokorny
Date: 27 Nov 2004 12:54:25
Message: <41a8bf51$1@news.povray.org>
Cool. So we can be reasonably sure Brigitte's scene file has an
assumed_gamma statement other than 1.0 or that her image_map jpg specifies a
gamma correction. I was under the impression jpg files do not store gamma
correction information. If true when Brigitte correctly sets the
display_gamma and assumed_gamma to 1.0 she will see the proper color for her
image mapped object.

Is it still true many of the older textures shipped with POV-Ray will then
not be properly corrected for display because they expect an assumed gamma
of something like 2.2?

The documentation mentioned can be found at:
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/218/

Bill