POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Domino action : Re: Domino action Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:33:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Domino action
From: Ralf Jonas
Date: 26 Nov 2004 02:36:07
Message: <41a6dce7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

> This is very pleasing to the eye, nice choice of colours.

the colors are computed by sine waves. First I get the distance of a domino
from the center of the area. Next I use this distance value as angle #1.
Angle #2 is angle #1 plus 120 degrees, and angle #3 is angle #1 plus 240
degrees. Then I compute the color with rgb<255 * sin(#1), 255 * sin(#2), 255
* sin(#3)>.

> As for the noise, did you turn jitter off in anti-aliasing?

Ahh, that was the point. I rerendered the scene with +J0.0 and got a much
stadier result. Strange, the new Domino.mpg is a bit larger allthough there
is now no noise.

Ralf