POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stars... The image... : Re: Stars... The image... Server Time
29 Apr 2024 09:35:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stars... The image...
From: Rarius
Date: 25 Nov 2004 16:50:33
Message: <41a653a9@news.povray.org>
Space (ie a vacuum) is a great place to shoot a laser... no dispersion
caused by the medium!

Anyway... who said it was just a laser?  When you see the animation (coming
soon to a newsgroup near you!) you'll see an outpouring of material in the
beam proving that it isn't a laser...

The guns on this ship are plasma cannon.  The hyper-heated plasma is
injected into a laser beam which keeps it collimated and stops the plasma
cooling.  Actually its less of a cannon, more of a cutting torch!  I'm
working on the code for when the plasma cannon beam hits the "bad guy's"
shields...

I've attached an image of the "bad guys" ship... Much bigger and more
advanced...

Rarius

"Oleguer Vilella" <ole### [at] infonegociocom> wrote in message
> How can you shoot a laser in the space??
> Anyway, it's really good.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleguer

Post a reply to this message