POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color of image map in POVray image : Re: color of image map in POVray image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color of image map in POVray image
From: Slime
Date: 25 Nov 2004 16:44:19
Message: <41a65233@news.povray.org>
> I noticed when I use an image map in POVray, that the colors in the
> resulting image differ from the original.

The only time I've ever experienced this is when using PNG files. In this
case, gamma correction is causing the color changes. This can be fixed by
adding

global_settings {
assumed_gamma 1
}

so that gamma correction has no effect.

If you're not using a PNG file, then this probably won't help.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]