POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Include files and conflicting material/texture names : Re: Include files and conflicting material/texture names Server Time
2 Aug 2024 08:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include files and conflicting material/texture names
From: Alain
Date: 24 Nov 2004 22:12:26
Message: <41a54d9a@news.povray.org>
FlyerX nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004-11-24 21:55... :

> POV-Ray 3.6.1
> Moray 3.5
> WinXP SP2
>
> Hello,
>
> I have been running into a problem with PoseRay and Moray. Seems that
> Moray uses for its material names some of the predefined POV-Ray names
> in the standard include files, like textures.inc, leading to name
> conflicts. This can be surpassed easily by renaming the material in
> Moray but I want a more automatic fix for this problem. (Bronze_Metal
> is an example of a name that conflicts)
>
> PoseRay uses #include statements for the standard POV-Ray
> material/texture files at the top of a main material file that is
> itself included at the top the mesh file. The UDO created by PoseRay
> then uses the mesh file in Moray. The standard include files are only
> used if a POV-Ray material is applied to the mesh.
>
> My question is:
>
> Is there a way to make an standard include file not propagate its
> definitions outside of the calling POV file and without modifying the
> standard include files? I know about the #local vs #define but that
> would require a rewrite of the POV-Ray include files.
>
> Thanks
>
> FlyerX
> http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/

Using #local in an inc file create entities that are specific to that
inc file. They wont be accessible outside that file.
In, for example, colors.inc, if you define #local White = rgb1; , you
can use White in colors.inc, but it will be undeffined anywhere else.

Alain