POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Just a thought : Re: SDL Just a thought Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Just a thought
From: m1j
Date: 23 Nov 2004 21:41:26
Message: <41a3f4d6$1@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message
> m1j wrote:
> >
> > An example of what I am talking about:
> > RIB format has no coding tools. No string function. No while loops. Or
> > any number of other tools.
>
> http://cgkit.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
>
> from the link:
> The Python Computer Graphics Kit is a collection of modules that contain
> the basic types and functions to be able to create 3D computer graphics
> images. The most important things to mention are the new types, such as
> vectors, matrices and quaternions and the RenderMan binding to create
> the input for a RenderMan compliant renderer.
>
>   -Shay

Now this sounds good. I will have to take a look at this. I have never
looked at python though I have heard of it. Perhaps a set of libraries for
pov connectivity would be a direction. I was thinking of something like
JavaScript/Actionscript style. In fact ActionScript was what gave me the
idea. It is JavaScript with flash objects.