POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL Just a thought : Re: SDL Just a thought Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL Just a thought
From: Jim Charter
Date: 23 Nov 2004 14:54:25
Message: <41a39571$1@news.povray.org>
I see what you mean.  Still, MEL is very powerful allowing one to
program the GUI itself, no?  And meanwhile there is still the node-based
development model supported in Maya and others that the POV development
environment doesn't come close to.  But my main objection to Mike's post
was to the idea that cost prejudices behavior in a major way.

But on that point, apon further thought, I will concede a bit.  I think
it is true that a producer managing a project, takes a big risk trying
something new, and perhaps even a bigger risk if that something is free
.  It's contradictory, but in the corporate corridors, if you try
something new and fail, your backside is somehow safer if you payed and
lost big money, taking what was apparently the "quality" route.