POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pov via SSH in chroot jail? : Re: Pov via SSH in chroot jail? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:08:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov via SSH in chroot jail?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 23 Nov 2004 08:31:38
Message: <41a33bba$1@news.povray.org>
> He olny can login, up/download own files, run povray(and moray), use
> kill/top/ps.

	To (try to) answer your question, I'm not sure it's a good idea
to give SSH access if you want the user to run only a very limited set
of applications.  However, as I have a rather limited knowledge in network
admin, I can't tell you how to restrict (if even possible) shell usage
through SSH, nor whether there are actually better alternatives.  I'd
recommand you to look at some networking/Linux-dedicated forums instead.
Maybe the SSH docs deal with such things, I just never looked at it.

	- NC