POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problem with photon mapping : Re: Problem with photon mapping Server Time
2 Aug 2024 10:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with photon mapping
From: Lance Birch
Date: 21 Nov 2004 09:13:29
Message: <41a0a289@news.povray.org>
"Yeager" <non### [at] club-internetfr> wrote in message
> Hi!!
>
> I'm a new user of POV. I looked your FAQ but I didn't find answers to my
> problem.
>
> I need to model a cornell box with photon mapping. I used different scenes
> gave with pov to do it.

In addition to what Christoph has said, basically what you're looking for is
POV-Ray's radiosity functions.

For examples of using Radiosity and Photons in POV-Ray, check out Tim
Nikias' excellent Cornell Box example page and radiosity and photons
settings tutorial at the following address:

http://www.nolights.de/past_pros/radiosity/radiosity.html

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au
thehandle - www.thehandle.com